Sunday, April 15, 2018

Wearable Art, One and Two Steps More

Until a few days ago, I had NO use for a Cricut or Sizzix machine. Now the ideas for shirts are flooding through my mind.  I would use it in conjunction with my dyeing and textile art.  My main use would be to (1)cut vinyl iron-on and (2)fabric, using mostly (3)my own designs. Upon researching, I find a new version, Cricut Maker, that has two blades to precisely cut fabrics and chipboards with efficient results and comes with a sewing pattern library with hundreds. But does it have the same design abilities as the Explore Air 2? Is anyone experienced with both these machine and can compare them with my three criteria of interest?  How do they compare with Sizzix?

As you may have read here, I do screen printing on fabric and make custom screens for the public.  I love that process with all it's variety.  What one limit it has, a cutting machine like Cricut/Sizzix can overcome and go even further.  So neither process is exclusive.

I think it'd be a fabulous way to help supplement my income. The machine is extremely out of  financial reach. I'll pray and let's see if the Lord opens the door. He's knows best and has His special ways of working. I trust Him.

If the Lord provides, visit here to find wonderful products I will custom make for you.  I will post the projects I create for my personal use to give you ideas.  I'm excited already!

Image result for cricut
Photo from Cool Tools, Kevin Kelly site, article by Chris Anderson    

Bless and be blessed!
Bobbie


No comments: