Monday, January 25, 2016

In A Blink


Dad has my socks on, dyed for him as a Christmas present. Mom has pics of my special little girls, grandbabes she loved dearly.

Both my parents past this month, 3 years apart, '02/'05. Having the socks put on dad before burial was a parting gesture of the way we lived, an attempt at me entertaining him, keeping him on his toes. Besides, surely it would help to keep his feet warm.
Dad & I, blurry but you get the idea.

Mom. Sis had her buried in a new outfit, her favorite attire, a nightgown and matching robe. In her hands she held her most precious gifts, her grandchildren, a picture of each sweet face.
My all-time fav pic of mom, an icon of being a grandparent.

I saw a glimpse of Mom a couple days ago. While applying mascara, it left as quickly as it came, but it was certain. Mom. I'm a decade away from her departure age. In the blink of an eye...

As I take time to fully miss them in this moment, I am thankful they lived during the best part of our family, all but gone now. And honestly, the last few years of their lives gave me the chance to be intentional, so as to have no regrets concerning them.

Relationships. Tomorrow they may be gone. Live today without creating a shoulda, woulda, coulda yesterday. Only two thing last for eternity: people and the Word of God. Invest greatly in both.

No comments: