Thursday, September 4, 2014

THANKFUL. PROGRESS.

When you haven't access to your studio, don't cry.  You yourself may know that deep longing to create, the strumming it does to your soul.  We forget how good it feels to experiment and make beautiful things when we've been away from it for a while.  But once we taste, oh how our soul sings.

My studios are still packed away tight; deep, tall and wide.  When I moved across country from the center of Indiana to SoCA (love love), I took one sewing machine with a few in-process quilt projects.  I also took my tackle box of jewelry making supplies.  For the first time, I've unpacked the basics that have traveled there and back.  I am happy to now have a humble sewing 'studio', a jewelry bench and my custom thermofax screen service set up and running.

 My current sewing studio.  Previous posts have pics of my other FULL studios.

 
My jewelry bench.  Hey, it works!

Custom Thermofax Screen Service - YOUR images into screens

School is finished, for now, my associates under my belt as Summa Cum Lade.  Without my full studios, I can't experiment and create magnificent (tongue & cheek) pieces like I'd like, but I can still dabble, keep my toes wet.  For now, I'm doing some assemblage, making jewelry, most of which is Steampunk.  Twice in the past week I've been asked to use color.  Hmmm, Steampunk.  Color?  Does three or four metal colors count?  Me, a colorist, not use color?  Oh, to have my dye studio.  Color in things we wear means...'Can you make this exact thing in purple but a little longer, with a bit of teal?'  Sorry, but my parts come colorless.  Oh, to get into my dye studio.  If you wear color in your clothes, then it makes for a great backdrop for metallic jewelry.  Black works great, as well.

So friendly folks, here's a few of my latest creations.  Enjoy and let me know if any of it demands to be in your personal collection or a gift for someone with great unique taste.  Don't forget that I can make your art a bit more fun with YOUR imagery incorporated with your very own screens.


 Write On!

 Life is When...Locket

 Know THE Key

 Blossom



Gimme Five



 I Am Free - series

I Am Free - series
Happy creating,
Bobbie

No comments: