Saturday, May 17, 2014

AFA Accomplished


Yes, I've earned my Associates in Fine Arts.  Yay, Summa Cum Lade.  I'm almost an adult.  It's a happy and sad accomplishment.  I don't like forever-goodbyes, well one I welcomed but that's another story. I don't like the last day of a class or last day on the job. I get sad, even a tear wells up, maybe a few. It doesn't even make sense but it's true. Now I will be saying goodbye to my associates schooling, probably school forever. And I'm sad. It helped get me through the toughest part of my life. It's given me hope, challenges that I was surprised to overcome, growth and insight I didn't see coming, shut me down, opened me up, gave me pride and humility, all in anticipation for better tomorrows. Bitter sweet.

That said, I'm at the doorstep of a new phase of life, at least I'm ready for doors to start opening.  I'm  praying for a job that includes art, my giftings with years of experience, and maybe my organizational, left brain strengths.  I would love to teach, too.  When someone recognizes all I have to benefit their organization, adult life begins.  Bring it on.

So what have I created since I last posted?  Only that which was required in class as my entire home and studios are still in storage.  I worked 32 hours a week between 9 credit hours.  I wrote an article for an online art magazine.  It's been accepted and I'm awaiting news of its publication date.  I have assembled a little more steam punk jewelry.
 

Mostly, I took my first painting class and enjoy it.  We used acrylics.  I plan on continuing to paint.  Here is most of the work from class.



 Nicole
 Abstract - still in progress
 
Detail left upper corner
Detail right lower corner
 Mixed media - tissue paper - still in progress
 Detail
 Landscape - still in progress
Until the next update...



Bless and be blessed!

No comments: