Wednesday, May 4, 2011

1st Year Art School

I'd like to share some of the pieces I've created in the classes from my first four semesters.



This triptych is "Past, Present, Future" (9” w x 14” h  +  20.5” w x 29” h  +  12.5” w x 10.5 h  =  43” w x 29” h).  I hand dyed all the cotton fab.  This is one of my most satisfying pieces.  It was from my Color & Design II class with Stephanie Robertson.

 This is a Vessel of Light (23” h x 18” w x 9.5” d) made with layers of synthetic fabrics, fused, painted, and melted. 
































  

 Detail       
 
 This is a coffee table box for remotes from Foundations I.  It's a collage mozaic piece with broken plate and mirror pieces, polymer clay, and beads.
This printing plate is from Color & Design I.
My steampunk necklace needed earrings and a ring for my final project in Foundations I.
My altered book from Foundations I has a silk quilt, pillow, knitting needles (nails) for the linen yarn.  Of course, there must be a good book and a snack near by.  The base is a candle holder from a second hand store. 






 The Writing's on the Wall is paper lamination on sheer fabric.  It is double sided with printed text and hand writing that's been aged.  Also included is deconstructed screen printed fabric, hand dyed cheesecloth and cotton batting.


My drawing classes are a stretching experience.  I've improved but hand work is not a love of mine, whether it's hand writing, hand sewing, or drawing.  But I'm glad I'm getting the experience.  Maybe I'll post some of those pieces, but no breath holding, please. 

Thanks for viewing.

Bless and be blessed,
Bobbie


2 comments:

Robin said...

I didn't realize your work would be so various...it looks like you got to try your hand at a lot of different things-Cool!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Absolutely beautiful work, Bobbie. Thanks for sharing it.